PoE IP Over Coax Converter to Transmit Power and Ethernet Data over Coaxial Cable
EOC (Ethernet over Coax), also known as IP Over Coax, is used to transmit Video & Audio & Data over existing coaxial cables (RG59 or RG6). Linovision EOC converter has some unique features, like POE power + data transmission, up to 3,000ft long-reach ethernet over coax extender, no DC12V power is required.
- Ethernet + Power transmission over one coaxial cable, perfect to upgrade existing coax camera systems to IP surveillance systems without replacing cables.
- Up to 3,300 ft (1,000 meters) point-to-point transmission, no extender or repeater is required.
- No power adapter is required (EOC-Receiver should be powered by POE)
- Compact dimension 79mm×52mm×23mm (3.1“x2.0”x0.9”), easily to fit in water-proof housing and camera bracket
- Industrial design, with built-in heat sink, ensure super reliability and hassle-free transmission.
- Plug-n-play operation, no configuration is required.
- Support Ethernet + Power transmission over twist pair cable, power line or other two-pin cables (twist pair cable connector is included in package)
Unique Features Compared with Competitors
Industrial design, with built-in heat sink
Ensure super reliability and hassle-free transmission.
POE power + Data transmission
It can provide power to remote POE device with max.
30W power consumption and no local DC power adapter is required.
Ethernet over Twist pair cable, power line, or almost any two-pin cables
(2021 upgraded function)
1. Upgrade traditional analogue system to IP surveillance system while using existing coaxial cable(RG59 cable)
2. Power + Data transmission to POE VoIP Phone over coax / twist pair cables
3. Power + Data bi-direction transmission to POE Wi-Fi AP (48V POE device only)
4. Ethernet data extender up to 1,000 meters (3,300 ft) over coax cable or twist pair cables (Bandwidth will be lowered to 10Mbps over 300 meters)
5. POE power + Data transmission over twist pair cables (connector is included in package)
6. For many elevators there are no ethernet cables and no camera powers in the elevator cart, LINOVISION EOC converters is perfect for this application. It can transmit POE power and IP data over coaxial or twist pair cable. One passive EOC-transmitter will be put inside the elevator cart to feed camera or signal board, and one EOC-receiver will be in the control room, powered by POE switch/POE injector/POE NVR. For multiple elevators application, one EOC-Switch04 or EOC-Switch24 will be put in the control room, working together with max 8 elevators.
|Function Port||1*10/100 Mbps Base-TX|
|Transmission Bandwidth||RG59 coaxial cable:|
|PoE Protocol||IEEE802.3af, IEEE802.3at|
|Network Standard||IEEE802.3, IEEE802.3u, IEEE802.3x|
|Lightning Protection||Common Mode 4KV|
|Differential Mode 2KV|
|Take RG59 as an example (Max. DC resistance < 5.0Ω/100m)|
|Load Capacity (W)||21||25.5|
|Load Capacity (W)||15||24|
|Load Capacity (W)||11||19|
|Load Capacity (W)||9||16|
|Load Capacity (W)||7||13|
|Load Capacity (W)||5||8|
|Load Capacity (W)||4||6|
- Q1: What kind of cables can be connected between EOC transmitter and EOC receiver?
A：It can transmitter ethernet data and POE power over coaxial cables, twist pair cables, power cables, video cables or almost any two-pin cables.
- Q2：Can multiple devices be connected via single coaxial cable?
A：Yes, one pair of EOC converter can be used to transmit multiple device over single coaxial cable with NVR/POE switch/WI-FI AP. The connection will be multiple device -> NVR/POE switch/WI-FI AP -> EOC Transmitter -> Coaxial cable ->EOC Receiver -> POE NVR/POE Switch/POE Injector with internet.
Please note that the EOC receiver has to be connected to an POE NVR or POE Switch to be powered.
- Q3：Will this work for extending connectivity between a router and an Ethernet switch? Or extending WIFI?
A：Yes. But you need a POE injector in EOC receiver side to provide power to EOC receiver and EOC transmitter. It is recommended to use 56V 30W POE injector. And the transmission bandwidth maybe dropped to 10Mbps depends on the cable quality. And limit the power consumption below 10W. Please also make sure there is no additional BNC connector or splitter in the middle of RJ5 cable.
- Q4: What’s the maximum load capacity of this EOC Converter?
A：The maximum load capacity is 21W in 300ft transmission which is sufficient to power a regular IP PTZ camera. The load capacity can be at least 11W in 1000ft transmission which is sufficient to power most of IP cameras or VoIP phones
- Q5: What’s the maximum transmission distance of this EOC Converter?
A：The maximum transmission distance is 3000ft. Please note that the load capacity will drop down to 4W with general DC48V injector, so it’s recommended to use 60W or 75W poe injector in the receiver side to provide enough power supply.
- Q6: What kind of device it can be working with?
A：It can work with POE devices like IP cameras, POE Wi-Fi AP, VoIP phones, etc. And it can also work with non-POE device like PC/NVR, etc. And you still need a power injector to power the EOC receiver side even though don’t need poe.
- Q7：What POE standards does this support?
A：It supports IEEE802.3af and IEEE802.3at standard. It can work with most of the IP cameras and mini PTZs in the market, we also have customers use this to power POE WIFI AP and it is working well.
- Q8: How can I mount them?
A：: It supports DIN Rail installation(Standard 3.5mm din rail), or you can put it inside a regular camera’s junction box, since it is very small in dimension, that is 3.1” x 2.0” x 0.9”
- Q9: Why my POE device is offline when working with our EOC (IP Over Coax) Converter?
A: Several main reasons are as follow:
1. EOC transmitter has to be connected to POE device (IPC/VoIP), and EOC receiver is connected to POE supply device (POE NVR, POE Switch or POE Injector). The reverse connection will not work.
2. It is used for point-to-point coax cable direct connection only, no BNC repeater/T-connect/splitter in the middle.
3. It may be caused by insufficient load capacity. The maximum load capacity is 21W in 300ft transmission which is sufficient to power a regular IP PTZ camera. The load capacity can be at least 11W in 1000ft transmission which is sufficient to power most of IP cameras or VoIP phones.
4. No power supply will also make it fail to work. Please be informed that EOC receiver has to be connected to an POE NVR, POE Switch or POE Injector to be powered.